Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Hired Myself

Last week I woke up on my "day off" and knew that I had to clean the house.  I was absolutely NOT in the mood.  I threw in a load of laundry and found $5.  Woohoo!  At that moment I had a genius thought...
this is what I posted on facebook:
Pretending that I have hired myself to clean my house. When I'm done, I'm going to pay myself the $5 I just found in the laundry. My life is glamorous :)

I really did pretend to get hired, and I went to work!  I turned up the music (Um, yeah, and turned on Elmo for the kids) and started cleaning.  And, even though I don't enjoy cleaning, I loved making our house look and feel good. 


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
                                                                                                                  ~Colossians 3:23



Even the jobs that we love have parts to them that we don't like.  But, we do always have a choice.  To work with all of our hearts, or to go through life half-hearted.  I have lived and worked many a day without all of my heart in it, but my desire and goal is to work as if working for the Lord.

To do every dish, every load of laundry, every report, with all of my heart.  Hmm... maybe I should be doing dishes instead of writing this blog?!

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to student's this past weekend about giving God our best effort and our the very first energy we have in all that we do. This is a great reminder of that! Love you!

    ReplyDelete