Monday, February 7, 2011

Trashiest People on the Block

It's true. We are, without a doubt, the trashiest people on the block. That is, we have a lot of trash! ;)

Trash day is usually on Wednesdays, but this past Wed was the Blizzard of 2011, so we did not put the trash out. Randomly, the trash truck came zooming past on Friday early morning. I promise it took everything in me not to run out there in my pjs yelling 'Come get my trash!!!' Now, we have two weeks of trash piling up and it is nasty! I can't wait until Wednesday because it means all of this waste will be gone. The 'trash spot' outside will be clear, making the whole house look better. I LOVE trash day. I know, I'm weird.

The second half of 2 Corinthians 5:17 says 'the old has gone, the new has come.' I've been thinking about what 'old trash' I need to get rid of in my life. What things, physically and spiritually are keeping me from being the 'me' I want to be? Why do I hold on to some of this 'junk' so dearly? I'm spending so time praying about this during the beginning part of my journey. In the past, I've usually skipped this part. I begin with implementing something new (like exercise) without getting rid of something old (like eating a bag of cookies at 9pm!) As you can imagine, this approach isn't very effective! Thankfully, our God is a God of new beginnings. I wont go so far to say He is like the trash man... but I think you get the idea!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments: